This is the privacy and cookies policy for the Mindful Team platform available at https://www.mindful.team (the “Site”). The Site is provided by Mindful Team Limited (“we”, “us” and “our”). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller. We understand that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect personal information from the Site what we do with it and what controls you have.
By using the Site you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time by changing it on the Site. If you continue to use the Site after this time we will take your continued use as acceptance of the new terms. We may also notify you of changes through messaging within the Site and in our communications with you.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- your name, gender and date of birth, that you provide when registering on the Site;
- your user name, email address and chosen password details for account log-in verification and identification purposes;
- your user name and access information where you initiate access through the platform to your social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Tumblr; This excludes your passwords for these accounts which is provided direct to your social media account provider and not held by us;
- feedback you send to us, for example to tell us about a problem or to submit a question or comment about the Site, or our service;
- whether you have chosen to receive updates from us by email about the Mindful Team platform and the relevant information, content, products or services updated to the platform;
- information on how you use our Site and which information, content or campaigns relating to products or services you show an interest in;
- information you provide about your interests from questions we ask on the Site when you first register with us and possibly at other times on the Site and from information derived from how you use the Mindful Team platform;
You are under no obligation to provide any such information where requested by us. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to alert you to information, content or services that might be of interest.
When you visit the Site we may also automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website or platform from which you have come to the Site and your IP address, (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. This information is only used to help us in delivering an effective service on the Site and to collect demographic information for aggregate use about how visitors to the Site interact with our platform.
Information we may collect from other sources
We may also receive information from other sources. In particular, we may collect aggregated statistical information from our creative and promotional partners on the numbers of Users that engage with content or promotions and how campaigns result in traffic or engagement direct with them. This helps us to understand which information, content, products or services are of interest and to further improve the Mindful Team platform. You cannot be identified from this information.
This is how we collect your data
You directly provide Mindful Team with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- register online to our platform
- voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message board or via email.
- use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
Social Media Platforms
Uses made of your data
We will use the information you provide to:
- identify and verify your access to the Site;
- manage your registration with us;
- administer tools provided to you, such as to administer your connection to your social media accounts;
- provide you with access to information, content, products or services that might be of interest to friends, followers or subscribers (as the case may be) on the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Tumblr social media accounts that are registered in their name;
- contact you, where requested, by email to provide user support and investigate any problems with your use of the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
- analyse the Site in order to build demographic information on how the Site is used so that we can update the content of the Site and provide more information relevant to your interests;
- produce aggregated, statistical information about the use of the Site, such as the number of users, types of information, content or promotional material viewed or shared. Individual users are not identifiable from this information; and
- where you have consented, send you information by email about the Mindful Team platform and about information, content, services or promotions updated to the Site that we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us.
- You can tell us not to contact you by email when you first register or by clicking on the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also contact us at +44(0)203 0065692 or by using the Contact us details at the end of this policy.
Cookies & similar technology
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that is transferred to your device to store and sometimes track information about you on our Site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your session and expire when you close your browser. Others are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
We use session cookies on our Site. These create a unique session for each visit to the Site so that users can be recognised as the same user and move easily from one page to another within the Site and so that page requests are loaded in smooth manner. These session cookies expire either at the end of your web session or after 30 minutes of inactivity.
We use a functional cookie on our Site in cases where a user selects the ‘remember me’ option on login. This enables the site to remember a user when they revisit the Site for up to 14 days. We also use a cookie to remember the date when a user first visits the Site which expires after 1 year.
In conjunction with cookies, we may use small image files such as tracking Gifs and web beacons that may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site or in our communications, so we or can understand which parts of the Site are visited and whether particular content is of interest.
Most device web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies and tracking by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on tracking and how to block this using different types of browser or using the settings on your phone. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
We may provide your personal information to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, including in fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating relevant content, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our service providers and contractors will only use your information as directed by us and to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may share information with promoters and partners. This information will help them to understand, information such as how many users are engaging with the Mindful Team platform. We may disclose member data where this relates to non-private, public posted user profile information otherwise we will share aggregate statistics on users of the Site in order to describe our services to prospective promoters and partners or other reputable third parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a Court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person).
Mindful Team would like to send you information about our services or products that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Mindful Team from contacting you for marketing purposes.
The Mindful Team Site contains links to external content and sites including those of content providers, creative and other brands and promoters. Users are welcome to distribute The Mindful Team Links via the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Tumblr social media accounts that are registered in his/her name however we are not responsible for the content of these sites or the privacy policies of such sites.
We recognise the need to adequately protect the privacy of all of our Users, especially the privacy of children. Protecting the safety of children when they use the internet is very important to us. This Site is not intended or designed to be used by anyone under 13 years of age.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to seek to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit to us via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the European Union. In addition, personal information may be transferred by us to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above who may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
Mindful Team would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Mindful Team for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request Mindful Team correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Mindful Team to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Mindful Team erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Mindful Team restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Mindful Team’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Mindful Team transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]